Poetry Is Really ImPossibLE...



   Poetry is an art. People find it difficult to understand and write poems. What exactly the abstract of a poem is is a hard nut to crack. Often readers want the poet himself to come forward and explain the meaning of every word. On the other hand, poets don't prefer to talk about poems after publication. I feel even the poet doesn't want to relive those moments that made him write a poem. So writing and interpreting poetry is strange yet interesting!

   The following poem was written years ago. What was the reaction of a person who was forced to read it? Moreover, he was not in a good mood. Therefore, he could not resist from commenting on each line in his own style. His comments are in parentheses.

     [Title Required]

You came in my life on a silent day (who came in your life and why? When does your day speak?)
I was not interested that day (what interests you?)
But gradually I came to know you. (in what capacity)

Then, I missed each and every day (what's your intent)
and I tried to find you every way (Why? Better focus on your studies and career)
I can't say anything more (what's the secret?)
About those days. (What were you doing those days?)

But oh! No it was Sunday (You worked only on Sundays!)
I was unable to celebrate that Funday. (You celebrate Sundays!)

You left me gradually but day by day (What left you, a girl or a pet; still not certain!)
those were great days (Because you minted money or you became a rockstar?)
I miss you, I really miss (It is not clear what you are talking about.)
Sunny days...those sunny days...(I'm confused. It's irritating. Why not Moony Days? Tell me.)


Title this poem (or whatever it is) if you CAN...

[I shall be highly obliged]

No comments: